Beginners course will start February 12th 2020
5 week Pass $80
10 class pass $150
Drop in class $20
Private Class $90/ 90 mins, $120/ 120 mins.
6 week Beginners course $100.
This six week course is designed for beginners to yoga. It is also open to those with some previous experience making a return to yoga. Fundamentals to movement and posture are broken down, explained and explored.
Each week we work on basic postures, developing the breath and breathing techniques, basic meditation and relaxation. Each week also builds upon the one before, so that at the end of the course there is enough understanding of the fundamentals of yoga to join a general class.
Class numbers are limited to ensure individual attention. This course is informative and fun.
Week 1 Introduction to sun salutes, breath, spinal flexion and extension (forward and back), and relaxation.
Week 2 Building on week 1, adding standing postures- focusing on a correct foundation and building up, also adding spinal lateral extension/flexion (sideways movements).
Week 3 Building on weeks 1 and 2 adding sitting postures, bringing smaller movements to hips, knees, ankles, feet, plus core strength and spinal flexion. Continuing with developing the breath, attention, and relaxation.
Week 4 Building on previous weeks and adding spinal twists and backbends.
Week 5 and 6 Consolidation, putting it all together.
Next course: October 15th 6:30 pm- November 19th. Place reserved with $30 deposit.
I teach according to your level using a vinyasa style. Vinyasa style means that I use the breath and counting the breath to link the different poses together. The sequence I follow is based on the Ashtanga sequence as this has been tested and proven over time. Gradually I bring you into the primary series. If you are already practicing the primary series I am able to guide you into second series, and even third series, as it has been taught to me. I focus on posture alignment, breath, dristhi, bandha and relaxation so that you connect with your body on the deepest level allowing organic transformation of your body/ mind/ soul.
* Please consider others and refrain from wearing perfumes, strong oils or deodorants.
* Arrive for practice with a clean mat, body and clothing.
* Advise your teacher if you are running late, or not coming at all.
* If pregnant we recommend that you do not practice for the 1st trimester.
* When using any of the props, blankets chairs etc, please place them back neatly.
* Please consider others by moving your mat and making space if need be.
*Wear comfortable, but not baggy clothing.
* Come on an empty stomach; 4 hours after a large meal, 2 hours after a light snack.
* Refrain from drinking during class. You can drink before and after.